Once you have cooked with gas, it’s hard to imagine cooking any other way. Gas gives you total control with instant heat and instant ‘off’.
Unlike electric, gas ovens create a small amount of water vapour helping preserve the best flavours and stopping food from drying out.
Cooking with gas can help reduce greenhouse emissions by up to 70%, compared to appliances that use coal-generated electricity.
Gas cooktops and ovens come in a variety of styles, sizing, and features ranging from the simple upright to large capacity, professional, feature-packed models.
New technologies give gas cookers absolute versatility. Choose an option that best suits your style of cooking.
- Cooks quickly and efficiently with even temperature throughout.
- Several dishes can be cooked together at the same temperature.
- Heat is dispersed throughout the oven, so there’s no need to preheat.
- Foods retain their natural juices as cooking times are faster and at a lower temperature.
- The oven stays cleaner.
- For conventional cooking, simply switch off the fan.
- Three different heat zones all at the same time.
- The top level is hottest and ideal for baking.
- The middle section is a moderate temperature zone, perfect for roasting meats.
- The lowest part is cooler and best for long, slow cooking.
- Cook a whole meal once just by placing food at different levels.
Innovation and efficiency of gas cook tops and ovens is continually improving. New technologies (including innovations such as the wok burner) give gas cook tops a versatility second to none. High heat for stir-frying or low heat for gentle simmering, gas cooktops adapt to the dishes you make at home.
Flame failure safety feature
Featured on some models, this is an electro-magnetic valve fitted to each burner. If the flame is accidentally extinguished, the gas valve will immediately shut off, preventing further supply of gas.
- Gas is ignited by turning on the gas control knob.
- The gas is ignited with a spark generated by either a Piezo or electric connection.
- Impact upon a special crystal creates a spark to light the gas.
- No electric connection required.
- Can be a separate lever, button or built into the control knob.
- Push button activates an electronic spark-generating device.
- Creates a continuous series of sparks for as long as the button is pressed.
- Powered by battery or electric mains.